You only have a limited amount of time to take legal action. Don`t worry about money; You get paid, or you don`t pay at all. General Housing: Advice and limited representation in the event of problems between landlords and tenants, such as illegal possession of the tenant`s property, closure of public services by the landlord, illegal lockouts or self-help evictions. Equitable Housing: Counselling, support and representation for people who believe they have been discriminated against in accommodation based on race, colour, creed, nationality, disability, family relationships, marital status, sex, source of income, gender identity, age or sexual orientation. Subsidized Housing: Advise, assist and represent applicants or tenants in government-supported programs, such as those administered by the Housing Authority of Portland or funded by HUD, such as the Section 8 Rent Subsidy Program; Advice and representation in the phases of a judicial eviction with state-subsidized housing. There are many free legal advice services that are also available online, but we highly recommend that you take all online advice with a grain of salt. The law varies from state to state, and those who provide legal advice often have different opinions and may not even have the right to practice law. That being said, here are some of the most popular websites: The Portland Oregon Regional Legal Aid Services Office serves Clackamas, Hood River, Multnomah, Sherman, and Wasco counties. Check-in times are Monday to Friday, from 09:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00. Our services include the following areas of law: family law, government benefits, homeless law, housing law, seniors` issues, individual tax matters, other legal matters and free legal clinics. We also operate a utility hotline at 1-800-520-5292.

Legal Aid employs interpreters for Spanish and American Sign Language and will arrange interpreters for other limited English speakers. If you need an interpreter or use a TTD, call (503) 224-4086 or come to our office to make a future appointment. In addition to the services provided by our office, admission for Spanish speakers is possible at El Programma Hispano in Gresham. For more information, visit (503) 669-8350 Oregon Legal Aid Services website: We encourage you to call our HELPline as soon as possible if a legal issue arises, and as often as necessary. Due to our high number of callers, there may be longer wait times to speak to a lawyer. Our phone system offers a reminder feature that can save you space in the queue and prevent you from waiting to speak to a lawyer. is a self-help legal website operated by the Atlanta Legal Aid Society, the Georgia Legal Services Program, and the State Bar of Georgia Pro Bono Project. This website was created with the financial support of Legal Services Corporation. You can also find options using the Florida Bar Foundation`s statewide litigation directory, which is usually updated once a year. Here at 1-800-THE-LAW2, our legal articles are published by lawyers certified by the bar. They are supposed to be a resource for the general public, who may have a number of different questions and concerns. If your specific question is not answered in our legal articles, we recommend that you call our network to contact a lawyer for a free consultation.

With a single call, you can get free legal advice and answers to your most important legal questions. Find out if you have a case, how much your case is really worth, what to do and not to do, […] In determining whether a person is eligible for legal aid, income, family size and special financial needs are taken into account. Legal services are free for eligible low-income individuals, but clients are asked to cover legal costs where possible. Non-criminal legal services for individuals who cannot afford a private lawyer are provided by SC Legal Services. Some of the types of legal services that may be available include: evictions, bankruptcies, health problems, education, mortgage foreclosures, obstruction of Social Security, employment issues, some limited divorce and custody issues, and food stamp and welfare issues. Legal services programs do not deal with criminal matters; If you have questions about criminal law, visit Public Defence Services. In California, as in other states, free legal advice is available by simply calling 1-800-THE-LAW2 and contacting one of the lawyers in our network. In fact, we`ve been serving Californians since the 1980s. Our mission is to provide legal advice and answers to people in need for nearly four decades. Please note: Bay Area Legal Aid helps people with civil law issues. We do not provide assistance in criminal matters.

If you need help with a criminal case, contact your local public defense attorney`s office or bar association. Other civil matters: Legal aid also accepts a limited number of special education cases, police misconduct, discrimination based on race, disability, sex or sexual orientation, and other individual rights cases. Calling 1-800-ATTORNEY (1-800-288-6763) will put you in touch with a lawyer in your area who is familiar with your state`s laws, is willing to listen to your concerns, and can explain the options available to you. Calls are answered 24 hours a day! This information has been created to give you general information about the law. This is not legal advice on a specific issue. If you have any questions about the law, you should consult a lawyer. If you don`t know a lawyer, you can call the South Carolina Bar Attorneys Reference Service between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.

on weekdays. The number is 799-7100 in Richland or Lexington counties and 1-800-868-2284 in other parts of the state. We found that people are often afraid of lawyers and what they charge for their services. There is a misconception about how much is expected of you to receive legal services from a law firm. In fact, there is so much misinformation that most people don`t realize that in many cases it is possible to get free and inexpensive legal assistance. Find out if you are entitled to free legal assistance. For business questions, you can call (407) 841-7777. This number is not intended for anyone seeking legal counsel. Get help through the Legal Advice Line, a free legal helpline for qualified, low-income residents living in the Bay Area.